SEATTLE – December 7, 2022 – Today Polyarc announced that the top-rated Moss and Moss: Book II VR games that debuted on PlayStation VR will represent two launch day titles for PlayStation VR2 in February 2023. Both Moss and Moss: Book II leverage PlayStation VR2’s hardware technology to enhance players’ first-person immersion with revamped haptic feedback, improved visuals, eye tracking, and new game mechanics. Starting today, PlayStation VR2 pre-orders for both titles feature a 10% discount with PlayStation Plus.
“Since learning about and getting our hands on PS VR2 hardware earlier this year, we’ve experimented with its new tech features and perfected ways to increase the immersion players feel in the world of Moss,” said Doug Burton, designer, Polyarc. “Along with that, the team was able to pump even more visual detail into every character and environment with more lighting and texture improvements that make the already stunning environments sing even more on the PS VR2. Now, millions of new and existing fans can experience the enhanced versions of Moss and Moss: Book II on the latest VR hardware coming to market.”
Features players will experience on the PlayStation VR2 hardware:
- Improved Haptics: Players can now feel the effects of world-shaking events, damaging attacks, and movement throughout the world. This additional head and hands haptic feedback gives the player a greater sense of presence and danger in the game, allowing them to feel even more attached to Quill, the game's brave young hero who players guide and partner with during the adventure.
- Two-Controller Setup: Playing with two controllers provides a natural feeling, allowing players to express themselves more freely in the world when reaching in to manipulate the environment, interact with Quill, or engage the weapon inventory system during battle.
- Adaptive Triggers: Actions will feel distinct to players as they experience the tension and weight of virtual objects while grabbing and moving them within the world. Breakable pots and barrels now respond to the amount of force being used, breaking apart once they’re squeezed enough to overcome the trigger's resistance.
- Eye Tracking: Interactive objects now emit a subtle glow when looked at. This allows players to quickly spot interactive objects during puzzles and throughout the game. Eye tracking also informs Quill where players are looking so she can offer hints if she figures something out before them.
- Foveated Rendering and Increased Field of View: Moss and Moss: Book II run at 90fps in 4K, even with the lighting and texture improvements. That, along with the larger field of view, gives players a deeper sense of immersion.
Players can now pre-order Moss and Moss: Book II for PlayStation VR2 on PS5. PlayStation Plus players can get 10% off their pre-order purchase. Those looking to pre-order both games can get 20% off by choosing the Moss franchise bundle. PlayStation Plus players can get an additional 10% off the Moss franchise bundle.
© 2022 Polyarc, Inc. All rights reserved. Moss and Moss: Book II are trademarks of Polyarc, Inc.
Polyarc, located in Seattle, was founded in 2015 to explore the energizing and momentous creative possibilities of virtual and augmented reality, and to champion a culture where deep collaboration, creative expression, and high player value are at the forefront of every innovation. Polyarc self-published Moss in 2018 which ranks as one of the top-rated VR games of all time and has received more than 100 global industry awards and nominations. Polyarc’s team is made up of talented developers with deep experience working on well-known, AAA franchises such as Destiny, Halo, Red Dead Redemption, and Guild Wars. https://www.polyarcgames.com/